Choose from our comprehensive selection of deposit terms:
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)1
Our CDs offer competitive, guaranteed rates and are FDIC-insured2. They're available as regular or jumbo ($100,000 or more) investments as well as IRAs. And with terms from 1 month to 5 years, there's a BMO Harris CD for every saver.
- Fixed interest rates3
- Interest compounded daily and paid at maturity on 1-, 2-, 3-, 6- and 9-month CDs3
- Interest compounded daily and paid quarterly on CDs of one year or longer3
- $1,000 minimum opening deposit for regular CDs4
- Higher interest rates may be paid on balances of $5,000 and $100,000
- BMO Harris Bank by PhoneSM
- Online Banking
- Automatic redeposit of earned interest
- Automatic renewal
- Interest on non-IRA CDs of $5,000 or more can be paid by check or credited monthly or quarterly to another BMO Harris account
- Notice sent prior to maturity and confirmation notice sent after renewal6
- Penalty for early withdrawal7
These terms are effective December 16, 2013 and subject to change without notice.
1. Maximum opening deposit of $100,000 per CD applied for online. The CD must be funded within 10 business days of online application. Funds from CDs applied for online may not be withdrawn for the first 11 days after funding. CDs applied for online can only be in individual or joint ownership. Deposits at FDIC-insured institutions are now insured up to at least $250,000 per depositor.
2. Please visit www.fdic.gov for current FDIC insurance limits.
3. Click here for information about Interest Rates and Calculations on deposit accounts.
4. Additional deposits to an existing account: Each CD is treated as a separate account with its own interest rate and maturity. You cannot make additional deposits into or withdrawals from an existing CD until the maturity date. Additional funds may be added and withdrawals may be made during the grace period of ten (10) calendar days after the maturity date.
5. 1- and 2-month terms are only available on Jumbo (over $100,000) CDs.
6. Maturity, renewal and grace period: Unless you have instructed us or we have disclosed to you otherwise, your CD will automatically renew at the maturity date to another CD of an equal term at the then current interest rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for that term and current balance. If the CD has a balance less than $1,000, it will automatically renew for the same term with an interest rate and APY equal to the lowest prevailing Statement Savings rate. You will have a grace period of ten (10) calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw the funds without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. Accounts that do not automatically renew will not earn interest after the maturity date. CDs of $100,000 or more may not automatically renew.
7. Early withdrawal penalty and computation method: When you make a deposit to any of our CD products, you are agreeing to keep the funds on deposit until the stated maturity date. The maturity date is the first day you can change the term or rate and make a withdrawal without an early withdrawal penalty. We reserve the right to permit withdrawals of principal only upon maturity. If we permit you to make an early withdrawal of principal, you will pay an early withdrawal penalty. The penalty is calculated using the interest rate applicable to the CD at the time of early withdrawal. If the amount of the penalty exceeds the amount of your accrued and unpaid interest, then a reduction of principal would be required in order to pay the penalty. These penalties do not apply to Qualified IRA Distributions. The penalties are as follows:
|CDs with terms of:||Are Charged:|
||Loss of interest|
||Loss of 90 days' interest|
||Loss of 180 days' interest|