< Back to Buying a Home
Whether you're buying your first home or your retirement dream home, it's one of the most important purchases you will ever make. BMO Harris Bank has mortgages in many shapes and sizes to fit your needs. Learn what you need to know about mortgages and how to apply for one with our process overview, frequently asked questions (FAQs), calculators, industry definitions and more. Plus, with eligible BMO Harris personal checking accounts, you may be eligible for a closing cost credit towards your new purchase mortgage or refinance!
At BMO Harris, you can get a pre-qualification for a certain loan amount based on the initial information you give to us. A pre-qualification lets you know how much house you can afford before you begin shopping for a home.
- You will know the price range you can afford.
- You pay no BMO Harris application fee.
To request a pre-qualification, contact a BMO Harris Mortgage Banker or call
BMO Harris offers loan pre-approvals for the amount that you may qualify for based on the processing of your completed mortgage application. A pre-approval is a firm loan commitment from us in the form of a letter, pending appraisal of your property and title insurance. It means that you can shop or make an offer for your home with confidence.
- Realtors and sellers will know you are a serious buyer.
- You can take advantage of our rate protection option.
- You will need to complete a BMO Harris mortgage application. The pre-approval application has no charge associated with it. However, it will convert to a full mortgage application when the contract is signed and delivered. We will then charge the mortgage application deposit to cover our costs for appraisal and credit.
To apply for a pre-approval, contact a BMO Harris Mortgage Banker or call