BMO Harris Mobile BankingSM1
What is BMO Harris Mobile BankingSM?
BMO Harris Mobile Banking is an easy way to do your banking on the go with your mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet. You can either download the App for the iPhone®, iPad® or Andriod™, or go to bmoharris.com using the web browser on your mobile device. Mobile banking lets you deposit checks2, view account balances and recent account activity, transfer money, pay bills3 and find ATMs and branch locations.
How do I start using BMO Harris Mobile Banking?
To use mobile banking you first need to be enrolled in BMO Harris Online Banking®. You can enroll in online banking from bmoharris.com. Once enrolled, you can visit bmoharris.com from your mobile phone to begin using BMO Harris Mobile Banking, or you can download the BMO Harris Mobile BankingSM App directly from the App Store™ or Google Play™.
How much does this service cost?
BMO Harris Mobile Banking is free. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details.
How often do I need to download the BMO Harris Mobile Banking App?
As we continue to improve our mobile banking experience, we will periodically update the App to create a better mobile banking service. Please watch for updates from Google Play™ or the App Store™ to ensure you are using the latest version of the App.
Is the BMO Harris Mobile Banking service secure?
Yes, mobile banking is secure4. No identifiable account data is stored on your phone. The BMO Harris Mobile Banking1 service uses best practices from BMO Harris Online Banking, including your customized User ID and Password, 128-bit SSL encryption, and data encryption4. And if your phone is lost or stolen, we can help you anytime 24/7 by immediately disabling your service and reviewing your recent account activity. Just call 1-888-340-2265.
What security measures are in place to protect my payment and account activity?
Our Online Guarantees5 that protect you when you use online banking also apply to mobile banking. As part of these guarantees, we will reimburse you for unauthorized transactions to your personal banking accounts resulting from fraud through BMO Harris Mobile Banking. Learn more about how to protect your mobile banking activity.
I'm not enrolled in BMO Harris Online Banking. Can I still use BMO Harris Mobile Banking?
You first need to enroll in BMO Harris Online Banking before you can start using mobile banking. It only takes a few simple steps. Visit bmoharris.com to get started.
Is the BMO Harris Mobile Banking service always available?
BMO Harris Mobile Banking is available 24/7, with the exception of regularly scheduled maintenance windows, which occur every Sunday from midnight to 5:30 a.m. Central Time.
Which accounts can I access through BMO Harris Mobile Banking?
You can access your BMO Harris Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD and most Loan Accounts6.
What is BMO Harris Mobile Deposit?
BMO Harris Mobile Deposit2 lets you deposit a check into an eligible BMO Harris Checking, Savings, or Money Market account using your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device. You must be a customer of BMO Harris Bank for at least 90 days prior to becoming eligible for BMO Harris Mobile Deposit.
Why can't I access BMO Harris Mobile Deposit?
To access Mobile Deposit2 through the iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ App, you must have at least one eligible BMO Harris Checking, Savings, or Money Market account.
How much can I deposit through BMO Harris Mobile DepositSM?
Customers can deposit up to $5,000 over five Business Days through Mobile Deposit2.
What types of checks can I deposit through BMO Harris Mobile Deposit?
Most U.S. personal, business, and federal checks are accepted for deposit. U.S. Savings Bonds, foreign checks, and many rebate checks will not be accepted by BMO Harris Mobile Deposit2. If you have questions, please call 1-888-340-2265 to speak with a personal banker.
My check was successfully deposited. When will the funds be available for withdrawal?
Deposits through BMO Harris Mobile Deposit2 are processed based on the time the deposit was submitted. If we receive the deposit on or before 7:00 p.m. Central Time (CT) on a Business Day, we will consider that day the day of deposit. If we receive the deposit after 7:00 p.m. CT, or on a weekend or other non-Business Day, we will consider the next Business Day as the day of deposit. For approved checks deposited into Checking Accounts, the first $200 of the deposit will be available 1 Business Day after the day of deposit. Any amount in excess of $200 will be available 2 Business Days after the day of deposit. For approved checks deposited into Savings or Money Market accounts, all funds will be available 2 Business Days after the day of deposit.
How long should I keep the original check after I deposit it?
Please keep the original check for 15 Business Days after you have deposited it. Once 15 Business Days have passed and you have verified that the money has been credited to your account, you should shred the check before discarding it. Do not attempt to deposit the check again.
Why are my check images being rejected?
It could be because the image wasn’t clear enough. For the best results, lay your check on a flat, dark surface with adequate lighting. Hold the camera steady and make sure all four corners of the check are captured. Also make sure you have endorsed the back of the check.
Who can I call if I have questions about Mobile Deposit?
If you have any questions about Mobile Deposit, please call 1-888-340-2265 to speak with a Contact Center Banker.
What if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, or you are worried that it is being misused, contact your mobile service provider immediately to stop all wireless service. We can also help by you by disabling your mobile banking service and reviewing your recent account activity. Just call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-888-340-2265.
- Message and data rates may apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details.
- BMO Harris Mobile Deposit is available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ Apps only. Users must be BMO Harris Online Banking customers who have had a BMO Harris deposit account for more than 90 days. Deposits are not immediately available for withdrawal and will be available as set forth in the BMO Harris Mobile End User Terms. To review these terms, sign on to BMO Harris Online Banking, select Mobile Settings from the Services tab, click the button to Launch Mobile Portal, and click Terms and Conditions.
- Available to BMO Harris Bill Pay customers only. Add bill payment to your online banking account by signing on and clicking the Payments tab, then the Enroll button.
- Please visit bmoharris.com/security for more details.
- Certain conditions and limitations apply. BMO Harris Online Guarantees apply to personal accounts only and do not apply to commercial or business accounts. Please see the BMO Harris Online Banking Services Agreement for full details. In addition to the BMO Harris Online Guarantees, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulation E provides certain protections for consumers when unauthorized electronic funds transfers occur on an account used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. The BMO Harris Online Guarantees are intended to expand upon the rights and protections provided for personal accounts under Regulation E. For more details regarding Regulation E and unauthorized electronic funds transfers for personal accounts, see Section 5 of the Deposit Account Agreement for Personal and Business Accounts.
- Commercial loan accounts cannot be accessed through BMO Harris Mobile Banking.
iPhone® and iPad® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.