Contacting BMO Harris
We are committed to helping protect you from identity theft and fraud. If you suspect that someone has gained access to important personal information, please contact us and we'll help you through the steps you should take to protect your accounts.
- Visit a BMO Harris office or call us at 1-888-340-2265: we'll close any impacted accounts and place a fraud alert on your records. If you receive a suspicious email, forward it to email@example.com and contact us immediately at the number above.
- Contact one of the major credit bureaus: request that a fraud alert be placed on your file and ask for a free copy of your credit report.
- Order a new copy of your credit report in three months: verify all corrections and review for suspicious activity. A small fee may apply.
- Contact any other banks or creditors: send a follow-up letter to each.
- File a police report: retain a copy for your records.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC): call toll-free 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338).
- Complete an Identity Theft Affidavit when disputing any new unauthorized accounts.
Download free security software for your browser today. In order to help protect you from online fraud, we offer a free download of Trusteer’s Rapport software.