General Banking Security
To protect yourself in the future, remember to manage your confidential information wisely, cautiously and with awareness that fraud and identity theft is an issue. Visit "Protecting Your Identity," to learn more about how to protect yourself against identity fraud.
- Shred any documents that contain personal information. This includes, bank statements, utility statements and pre-approved credit card offers.
- Review your financial statements as soon as you receive them and report any discrepancies and/or unusual activity.
- Sign any debit cards and credit cards as soon as you receive them.
- Report stolen/lost checks, debit cards and credit cards immediately. To report lost/stolen checks for your BMO Harris Bank accounts, call us at 1-888-340-2265
- Order a copy of your credit report annually to verify that the information is accurate.
In addition to the safeguards described above, never send us information regarding your account numbers, debit, credit or ATM card numbers, PINs or passwords via email.
If you are concerned that you have been a victim of suspicious activity or fraud, visit the "Reporting Fraud & Suspicious Activity" section of this site for more information.
To learn more about consumer alerts visit the Federal Trade Commission website.