Online Guarantees – Personal Accounts
Our commitment to you and to a worry-free online banking experience
With the BMO Harris Online Guarantees1 your online banking, mobile banking and bill pay activity are protected as follows:
- Online Banking Guarantee: We will reimburse you for unauthorized transactions to your personal banking accounts resulting from fraud through BMO Harris Online BankingSM.
- Mobile Banking Guarantee: Our Online Banking guarantee also applies to Mobile Banking. We will reimburse you for unauthorized transactions to your personal banking accounts resulting from fraud through BMO Harris Mobile BankingSM.
- Bill Pay Service Guarantee: If we fail to process a properly scheduled online or mobile bill payment in accordance with your instructions, we will reimburse any late charges assessed by the biller.
Your Responsibilities: To ensure reimbursement under these guarantees, there are a few steps you'll need to take to protect your online and mobile account information, as outlined in our BMO Harris Online Banking Services Agreement:
- Review your statements and notify us within two days of your discovery of any unauthorized or late transaction.
- Keep your online codes, passwords and personal information confidential. If you share this information with someone, any transaction they initiate will be considered authorized by you.
- Do not store your password with your account information.
- Do not leave your computer or mobile device unattended while logged in to online or mobile banking or while applying for an account online.
You may not be reimbursed for the full amount of the loss if you did not comply with the steps listed above or if you knowingly disclosed your online password and it resulted in losses to your account1.
For more information on how BMO Harris protects you when you bank online and on your mobile device, please review our Online Banking Security Guidelines. You can also learn more about what you can do to stay safe online and on your mobile device, or talk with a BMO Harris Contact Center Banker by calling 888-340-2265, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1Certain conditions and limitations apply. BMO Harris Online Guarantees apply to personal accounts only and do not apply to commercial or business accounts. Please see the BMO Harris Online Banking Services Agreement for full details. In addition to the BMO Harris Online Guarantees, Consumer Finance Protection Bureau Regulation E provides certain protections for consumers when unauthorized electronic funds transfers occur on an account used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. The BMO Harris Online Guarantees are intended to expand upon the rights and protections provided for personal accounts under Regulation E. For more details regarding Regulation E and unauthorized electronic funds transfers for personal accounts, see Section 5 of the Deposit Account Agreement.