Accomplishments, Honors and Awards
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized BMO Harris Bank on several occasions for the bank's commitment to the environment. Achievements include:
Green Power Leadership Club: BMO Harris Bank achieved 2011 membership in EPA's Green Power Leadership Club thanks to demonstrated environmental leadership and support for renewable generation capacity nationwide.
Green Power Leadership Award: One of only 10 organizations nationally to receive the Green Power Leadership Award in 2010, the bank was recognized as a leading green power purchaser and for its help in developing the nation's voluntary green power market.
Top 50 Green Power Partner: EPA named BMO Harris Bank on its list of 50 national green power partners using the most renewable electricity in 2010.
BMO Harris Bank has built four branches registered for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification in Chicago, Illinois; Huntley, Illinois; New Berlin, Wisconsin and Chesterton, Indiana. The branches in Chicago and New Berlin are heated and cooled by a geothermal system, the first of its kind in the BMO Financial Group network. We will also incorporate many of the aspects of our LEED standard branches in future locations and our existing branches will incorporate more green products and systems over time.
Our LEED locations are built specific to the site to reduce impact on the environment, and feature innovations such as
- Preferred parking for car pool and fuel efficient vehicles
- Bioswales to regulate and filter runoff pollutants by 90%
- High solar roof reflectance materials to reduce heat
- Landscaping with native plants requiring less water
- Locally sourced materials (ACT and Brick)
- HVAC systems free of ozone depleting chlorofluorocarbons
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures and high efficiency mechanical equipment
- Branch designs and flexible lighting controls to maximize natural light
- 35% of building energy from renewable resources
- Use of environmental-friendly materials
- Heating and cooling systems with devices to monitor outdoor air circulation maximize comfort and efficiency
- More than 95% of construction waste diverted from landfills
- Use of materials with high recycled content (ACT and VCT and Laminates)
- All wood certified by Forest Stewardship Council
- Collection and storage of recyclables
BMO Harris and BMO Harris BankSM are trade names used by BMO Harris Bank N.A. and Its affiliates. BMO Harris Bank N.A. Member FDIC .