Foreign Currency Exchange Services
When planning a trip, whether it’s for business or pleasure, it’s a good idea to buy foreign currency before heading off to your destination. You can travel with confidence knowing you’re carrying enough cash to pay at restaurants or stores that don’t accept credit cards and for incidentals like taxis, tips, and departure taxes.
Prepare for your next trip with BMO Harris Foreign Currency Exchange Services.
- Available to BMO Harris customers.
- For same-day service, visit 1 of 75 branch locations to buy select currency. If we don’t have the currency you need, you can order it by 2:00pm CT and pick it up in 2 business days.
- No transaction fee
- You can exchange leftover paper currency at any BMO Harris branch lobby when you return from your trip
- Avoid lines and potentially paying higher currency exchange rates and fees at airports, banks and exchange offices while you’re away from home
- Cost-effective way to take money abroad, instead of using ATMs and paying foreign transaction fees
- Allows you to quickly pay for incidental expenses like taxis, casual dining, tips, departure taxes — and shopping deals at local markets
- Although credit cards are a convenient and secure way to pay outside of the U.S., some businesses only accept local currency
For same-day service, choose from 75 locations and select currencies
To order currency from more than 100 countries, visit the branch closest to you:1
- Some restrictions apply.
- MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.