Select Checking Account
The zip code entered is not valid
|Minimum Balance To Obtain APY1||Interest Rate (%)||APY (%)1|
|$0.01 – $4,999.99|
|$5,000.00 – $9,999.99|
|$10,000.00 – $24,999.99|
|$25,000.00 – $49,999.99|
|$50,000.00 – $99,999.99|
|$100,000.00 - $249,999.99|
|$250,000.00 - $499,999.99|
|$500,000.00 - $999,999.99|
|$1,000,000.00 and above|
These rates are effective as of .
BMO Harris Select Checking® Account Features
- Check images on paper statements and online
- Purchase fees waived for money orders
- Purchase fees waived for American Express® Travelers Cheques 2
- Overdraft Services
Minimum opening deposit: $100
- Variable interest rates3 and annual percentage yields
- The interest rate corresponding to the highest tier into which your Collected Balance falls will be paid on the entire Collected Balance 4
Monthly maintenance fee waived when conditions are met.
Avoid the monthly maintenance fee when you meet the Combined Balance requirement.
Take advantage of several special offers.
- Chip-enabled Debit Card
- Online banking with bill payment and access to BMO Harris Total Look®
- Free welcome package of checks or half off printing of your first box of certain check styles ordered through BMO Harris
- No ATM transaction fee for withdrawals and deposits at more than a thousand BMO Harris ATMs7
- Convenient banking at more than 600 BMO Harris locations
- Mobile banking with mobile deposit10
- All Interest Rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APY) are accurate as of the effective date shown above. For variable rate accounts interest rates and APYs may change after the account is opened. At our discretion we may change the interest rate on these accounts daily. For accounts that have more than one tier, the interest rate corresponding to the highest tier into which the collected balance falls will be paid on the entire collected balance. Fees or withdrawals will reduce earnings.
- American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express Marketing and Development Corp. in the U.S. and other countries.
- Please read Interest Rates and Calculations for information on interest on deposit accounts.
Tiers for Collected Balance interest rates are as follows:
$0.01 - $2,499.99
$2,500 - $9,999.99
$10,000 and above
- Relationship Waiver refers to benefits available to account owners with a BMO Harris Select Checking® or BMO Harris Portfolio Checking® account who request Relationship Waiver and meet the Combined Balance requirements described in the Deposit Account Agreement for Personal and Business Deposit Accounts dated October 6, 2012, as amended, and the applicable Deposit Account Disclosure. Certain conditions apply. You must talk to a BMO Harris Banker to request Relationship Waiver and to link your accounts. BMO Harris Bank does not automatically link your accounts for Relationship Waiver.
- Loans and lines of credit are subject to bank and credit approval. A BMO Harris Bank small business loan must be made to an Account Owner's for-profit sole proprietorship or partnership (as stated on the assumed name certificate or partnership agreement). Mortgage loans, overdraft protection lines of credit and loans to non-profit organizations do not qualify.
- Networks or operators of Non-BMO Harris ATMs may charge for the use of their ATMs for a transaction or balance inquiry.
- Loans and lines of credit are subject to bank and credit approval. Excludes overdraft protection line of credit, credit card, first mortgage other than RefiXpress, loans originated by a dealer and later assigned to BMO Harris, retail custom credit, bridge, interim, lot and recreational land loans.
- All loans and lines of credit are subject to bank and credit approval. Mortgage closing cost discount can only be applied to the purchase or refinance of a primary residence and does not apply to RefiXpress mortgage loans, home equity loans, interim, lot and recreational land loans.
- Message and data rates may apply. Please contact your wireless carrier for details. BMO Harris Mobile Deposit is available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ Apps only. Users must be BMO Harris Online Banking® customers who have had a BMO Harris account for more than 90 days. Deposits are not immediately available for withdrawal. For details, please see the BMO Harris Mobile Banking End User Terms found at bmoharris.com/legal. iPhone® and iPad® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.