Get the protection and help you need to feel secure.
At BMO Harris, we use safeguards to help keep your bank accounts and personal information secure — but that's not all. Here are some friendly tips to help you stay safe online.
Online & Mobile Banking security
Your identity and account information is protected by layers of security when you bank online or from your phone. Here's what you need to know:
- Setting up a secure log-in to access your accounts is free and can be done in minutes
- You're backed by our Online and Mobile Banking guarantees
You can safely bank wherever you want, on any device. Follow these tips to feel secure:
- Skip the public WiFi when it comes to online banking — although your personal connection is secure, general public Wi-Fi connections are not.
- Always log out! After you've checked in on your mobile or online banking, sign out.
- Password-protect your phone, and lock your device when you're not using it.
Protect yourself against fake check scams
Don't share your information with anyone online or over the phone — plus brush up on more ways to protect yourself:
Know what to look for to protect yourself against check scams:
- If a stranger wants to pay you for something, insist on a cashier's check for the exact amount
- The bottom line is if someone you don't know wants to pay you by check but wants to wire money back, it's probably a scam
Learn some of the tactics cybercriminals use to try to trick you:
- You've won a lottery but you're asked to pay processing fees
- You receive an inheritance but need to pay legal fees to get the funds
- During tax season, you receive a suspicious email about a tax refund or money you owe the IRS
Here are some more tips:
More ways we protect you
Protection from unauthorized transactions
Rely on some of the strongest protections available – we use leading-edge technology and software to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your bank accounts.
Online & Mobile Banking guarantees
Have peace of mind when you bank online or from your mobile device. Our guarantees automatically protect you if your account is compromised.
Read the FAQs
Feel secure when you browse our site and do your online banking. The electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards we use to protect your personal information comply with federal standards.
Confidently send and receive emails through our PROTECT Message Center. It’s easy to sign up for this free service.
Tips to keep yourself safe
Banking products and services are subject to bank and credit approval and are provided by BMO Harris Bank N.A. Member FDIC
Message and data rates may apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details.
Certain conditions and limitations apply. BMO Harris Online Guarantees apply to personal accounts only and do not apply to commercial or business accounts. Please see the BMO Harris Online Banking® Services Agreement found at bmoharris.com/legal for full details.
Downloading and use of the Trusteer Rapport software is governed by the terms of the Rapport license agreement, which is provided with the software. BMO Harris makes no representation or warranty respecting the software or Trusteer's website. You agree BMO Harris is not responsible for any difficulties, consequences, costs, claims, damages or losses arising in any way whatsoever out of the downloading or use of the software.