How do I make the most of what I have?
At this point in your life, retirement planning involves drawing down your assets and arranging to transfer what remains to the next generation. You simply don't know what the economy will do, how your health will hold up, or how long you'll live. And the assets you've accumulated for retirement can dwindle quickly if you fail to plan how you'll spend them.
Ask a BMO Harris financial advisor to help you:
- Establish a plan to withdraw your assets over time
- Decide when to start taking Social Security
- Determine if it makes sense to supplement your income with an annuity
- Explore long-term care insurance if you're concerned about preserving your assets
- Bring your heirs into the financial planning process so they can be prepared to manage their inheritance when the time comes