Diversify into the equity markets without the risk
We designed BMO Harris Market Linked CDs1 for long-term investors who seek safety of principal and want to participate in the performance of the equity markets. You get the growth potential of the stock market but with a guarantee2 that if you hold the CD to maturity, you won't lose any of your principal. The minimum investment is $15,000.
While the principal amount of the CD is FDIC3 insured, you have the opportunity to earn a return based on the performance of selected equity indices, such as the S&P 5004. Your BMO Harris financial advisor can help you incorporate Market Linked CDs into your investment strategy.
- Interest4 (where applicable) does not compound and is not FDIC insured. You will receive interest either annually or at maturity, depending on the Market Linked CD you choose.
- Returns6 will vary, depending on the performance of the underlying index.
- You can access information about your account by telephone and online.
- Generally, you cannot make early withdrawals. Your ability to sell the CD in the secondary market depends on availability and market price7.
2The principal is protected by BMO Harris Bank N.A. if the CD is held to maturity.
3BMO Harris Market Linked CDs are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC"). Deposits at FDIC-insured institutions are insured up to $250,000 per depositor.
44. "Standard & Poor's®", "S&P®", "S&P 500®", and "Standard & Poor's 500" are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and have been licensed for use by the Bank of Montreal and all its affiliates and wholly-owned subsidiaries (including BMO Bankcorp. Inc. and Harris Investor Services, Inc.). The CDs are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Standard & Poor's and Standard & Poor's makes no representation, warranty or condition regarding the advisability of investing in the CDs.
5BMO Harris Market Linked CDs ("MLCDs") provide interest tied to equity indices or stocks. BMO Harris MLCDs tied to the equity market will generally pay interest only at maturity instead of periodically.
6While the principal amount of a BMO Harris Bank N.A. MLCD is guaranteed, if held to maturity and is repaid upon maturity, there is no guarantee of any return that is linked to the performance of underlying assets. Changes in the underlying assets may affect the rate of return of the CD. BMO Harris MLCDs may return interest that is less than a comparable traditional CD, or which may be zero. MLCDs whose interest is determined based upon the performance of a market measure, such as equity indices or stocks, may be treated as issued with original issue discount ("OID"). Accordingly, a holder of a CD may be required to include OID on the CD as interest income during each taxable year that the holder owns the CD. Prospective purchasers of the CDs should consult their own tax advisors concerning the tax consequences of the ownership of a CD in their particular situation.
7Early withdrawal generally not permitted. Sale or redemption subject to market price in secondary market, if made available by BMO Capital Markets, which could be less than initial investment.
* BMO Harris Market Linked CDs are offered through the financial advisors of BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc., who also offer or provide other investment products, including securities that are not FDIC insured. BMO Harris Financial Advisors, Inc. (member of FINRA) is a non-bank affiliate of BMO Harris Bank N.A.